Technology has made it possible for businesses to refine their internal and external communications. Regardless of the industry in which you operate, you will agree with us that communication is an important part of any business. Today, with the world having been interconnected through the internet, you can use Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) to make calls over the internet. However, it is important for you to always remember that the Internet has some rogue elements in the name of hackers lurking around looking for opportunities to exploit IT networks of unsecured businesses. Knowing this, you can arm yourself by following these critical steps advised by Irvine IT support experts.
How Can You Secure Your VoIP Service?
Add some clustered firewalls
Clustered firewalls make your IT network more secure by affording you extra layers of protection, making your network almost impregnable by hackers. A professional Irvine IT support provider can help you achieve this feat.
Check your router configuration
You need to make sure that your business-class router is set or configures to offers a robust Quality of Service (QoS) for VoIP. It should also be configured to support SIP protocol.
Execute Penetration Testing
Penetration testing is important because it will help you detect any vulnerabilities in your IT network.
Steps to Secure Your VoIP Service
- Analyze traffic – Make sure that your IT staff of MSP analyzes both inbound and outbound traffic for abnormalities.
- Monitor call behavior – Monitoring and analyzing all calls will help you spot and stop abnormal call channels and routes.
- Select your access list – Make use of static IP and have your provider lock this to prevent identity thieves and scammers.
- Set your credit limit – This is important because it will ensure that your VoIP service is shielded from misuse and abuse.
- Choose your preferred call routes – Select a provider who offers you the flexibility of routing outbound traffic through your preferred route.
- Customize your Geo Profile – Setting your Geo profile will ensure that all calls emanating outside your set geolocation are blocked.
- Establish a secured VPN – Having a secured VPN will help to cut down on vulnerabilities. A good VPN will among other things allow remote access to your IT network by your employees, facilitate communication between your branch offices and enable the use of cloud-based technologies.
VoIP is such a wonderful technology. Do not implement this technology before speaking to a professional on how to make it secure. At Advanced Networks, we are an expert Irvine IT Support provider with a proven track record for helping small to medium businesses in implementing their VoIP in a secure manner. Contact us now to learn how we can be of help to you.