Ransomware attacks have escalated over the past decade. From the first known malware attack, “AIDS Trojan,” to the more recent 4th of July attack, it is evident that cyber threats have evolved. The new and complex cybercrime tactics do not require user interaction and may be harder to reverse. Enlisting the services of IT consulting service providers in Los Angeles is necessary for the preservation of privacy and safeguarding of documents. Below are steps you can take to safeguard your business from ransomware:
Back Up Your Information
Run frequent data backups and store them remotely through encrypted channels. Ensure the restoration process is convenient and risk-free by conducting trial restoration from your backup. In case of an attack, go offline and restore unaffected backups to avoid losing your data. Below is a practical guide to an effective backup.
- Have a multifaceted backup solution – Offsite backups are critical in case the primary server is compromised. Have in place a local and cloud backup. You can also employ the 3-2-1 rule.
- Encrypt data before backup – Backing up data offsite alone is futile. You also need to encrypt the files for added security.
- Backup Regularly – Frequent backups prevent loss of data. You can come up with a daily/weekly schedule depending on the nature of the data.
Invest in a Good Antivirus Solution
A good antivirus solution will avert all cyber threats by monitoring and detecting all forms of malicious software. Installing antivirus software on your devices is crucial in protecting your assets. Regular update of your software offers adequate protection of your business. Anti-ransomware tools detect irregularity, suspicious activity, monitor any modifications, and block malicious files. The devices may include:
- Data loss prevention (DLP) – Data loss prevention software works by detecting data leaks through prevention and monitoring. DLP may include Network, endpoint, and cloud software.
- Email gateway security software – A Secure Email Gateway prevents unwanted emails like spam, phishing attacks, malware, or fraudulent content.
Network Security Training
Employees are vital to any business. You can provide employee network security training and emphasize what to do in case of a ransomware attack and prevention steps. Every employee of your company should use solid and unique passwords for all online accounts, computers, and mobile devices. Some IT consulting companies in Los Angeles include providing in-house staff to help employees and business growth.
A comprehensive IT service plan lets you take your mind off the worries associated with attacks and focus on growing your business. At Advanced Networks, we provide top-quality, trusted network and IT management solutions. We have worked closely with business owners and managers and have tailor-made solutions for every company. For more information about how our IT services can help your business, reach out to our IT consulting team in Los Angeles.