IT services in Los Angeles can be integral resources in helping you both prevent breaches to your healthcare operation and design an operational flow which addresses the issue effectively.
As it turns out, the greatest overall threat to any business in terms of cybercrime develops internally. MSPs providing IT services have an added incentive to help prevent this because of a thing called shared liability, whereby should HIPAA find your institution in violation, they get fined as well. Accordingly, they’re likely going to give you more comprehensive, regulation-compliant services than an internal solution can.
With that in mind, here is a process of preventative techniques to help you most successfully prevent cybercriminal intrusion throughout your healthcare facility:
- Education of Staff – Since the majority of compromises to your security will result from poor practices among staff, IT services providers in Los Angeles strongly recommend education of healthcare workers in a comprehensive way. They need to know why security is important, best and worst practices pertaining to security, and how to prepare.
- Ensure Cybercriminals are Deterred – Firewalls, antivirus software, monitoring and support that is continuous, BDR plans, quarantine protocols, and other methods of both deterring cybercriminals and responding to breaches are integral.
- Proper Detection Protocols – Your healthcare facility needs to have security solutions in place which can: detect the anomalous behavior which is most consistent with cybercriminal activity. MSPs can help you most successfully detect these issues.
- Investigation of Breaches – When a breach does happen, it must be closely investigated both to eradicate the issue, and to determine what vulnerability was exploited. There are many different things that can facilitate a breach, and deep investigation with the most professional available tools is necessary. MSPs are ideally suited to help your healthcare institution with this.
- Recurrent Training – A single round of courses is not enough. You need to continuously train medical staff as possible at recurrent intervals. If you can arrange for some means of training every four to six months, this is ideal. Working with an MSP can help expedite the process. Once primary education is complete, further training may only involve being conscious of operational, technological, and sociological shifts defining contemporary technology.
IT services in Los Angeles through Advanced Networks can help you remain secure from cybercriminal intrusion, protecting your patients in a comprehensive way. Additionally, we can ensure your operations are always in compliance. Contact us to see what security solutions for healthcare facilities are out there and which one works for your facility.